Item# 11638- Fleur De Lis Tray (IHI)(sorry, cheese & grapes not included)
Caffe Latte mug (Santa Barbara Ceramics)
Right : Footed cake dish A (Intrada of Italy)
Items# 9737S, 9737M, 9737L (IHI)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups cake flour - (you can use item# 9737M to store flour - $ 28.95), L - $ 34.95)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups white sugar - (you can use item# 9737S to store sugar - $ 22.95)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar - (you can use item# 9737L - $ 34.95)
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 300 deg F. Grease a 10" bundt or tube pan. Sprinkle pecans on bottom of pan; set aside. (If there are extra nuts, serve these using baroque square dish - $ 31.00)
- Sift together flour, salt and baking soda into a medium bowl, set aside.
- In a large owl, cream butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream. pour batter over pecans in prepared pan.
- Bake for 75 to 90 minutes (depending on your oven) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Place cooled cake on this item#
- In a small bowl, combine confectioner's sugar, orange juice and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Drizzle over cake while still warm.
We hope Dad will eat his cake and enjoy a drink of latte on his day!
Recipe - courtesy of Seek Publishing.